"Molding the Future of Metal Industries"
Republic of the Philippines
Metals Industry Research and Development Center
Gen. Santos Ave., Bicutan, Taguig City, Metro Manila
Tel No. 837-0431 to 38; 839-1723: Fax No. 837-0430
INVITATION TO APPLY FOR ELIGIBILITY AND TO BID
PROCUREMENT OF CNC LATHE
3 Units CNC Lathe - General Specifications :
Machining diameter : min of 325 mm
Machining length : min of 500 mm
Bar work capacity : min of 50 mm
Spindle speed (rpm) : min of 5000 rpm
Rapid Traverse X- axis : min of 30m/min
Rapid Traverse Z- axis : min of 30m/min
Spindle Motor : min of 15kW
Spindle bore : min of 60mm
No of tools : min of 8 tools
Chuck size (thru hole) : min of 8"
Capable of running 5000 rpm for 24 hours non-stop ( must have written guarantee from the manufacturer)
Electricals of 220V/ 3Ph/ 60Hz Roller guides
Guides used in XZ axes : Roller guides
One (1) Unit Vertical Machining Center - General Specifications:
Table size : 800-1000 x 400-500 or more
Tool to tool change time : Max of 1.5 sec
Table load : 500 kg or more
Tool magazine type : Drum type
Travel x axis : 550-900 mm
Tool weight : 8 kg or more
Travel y axis : 430 -600 mm
Tool Diameter : Min of 80 mm
Travel z axis : 500-600 mm
Tool Diameter with adjacent pocket empty :
Min of 120 mm
Spindle rpm : Min of 12000 rpm
Torque : Min of 95 Nm
Spindle Acceleration (from 0 to top speed): Max of 2.5 sec.
Tool Length : Min of 250 mm
Rapid Traverse : 30 mtrs/min or Better
Capable of running 12000 rpm for 24 hours non-stop (must have written guarantee from the manufacturer)
Spindle taper : BT40 or Better
Electricals of 220/3/60
Spindle Motor : Min of 25 HP
Tool changer capacity : Min of 20 tools
1. The METALS INDUSTRY RESEARCH AND DEVELOPMENT CENTER through the project “Development and Implementation of Appropriate Training Curriculum Design for CNC Machine Tool Programming and Operations as Human Resource Intervention for Sustainable Growth, Productivity and Competitiveness of the Metals and Engineering Sector intends to apply the sum of Twenty Eight Million One Hundred Thousand Pesos (Php 28,100,000.00) being the Approved Budget for the Contract (ABC) to payments under the contract for “Procurement of Three (3) units CNC Lathe and One (1) unit Vertical Machining Center”. Bids received in excess of the ABC shall be automatically rejected at bid opening.
2. The METALS INDUSTRY RESEARCH AND DEVELOPMENT CENTER (MIRDC) now invites bids for “Procurement of Three (3) units CNC Lathe and One (1) unit Vertical Machining Center”, located at Gen. Santos Ave., Bicutan, Taguig City.
3. Bidders should have completed, within THREE (3) YEARS from the date of submission and receipt of bids, a contract similar to the Project. The description of an eligible bidder is contained in the Bidding Documents, particularly in Section II. Instruction to Bidders (ITB). Delivery of Goods is Sixty (60) calendar days.
4. Bidding will be conducted through open competitive bidding procedures using non- discretionary pass/fail criterion as specified in the Implementing Rules and Regulations (IRR) of Republic Act 9184 (RA 9184), otherwise known as the “Government Procurement Reform Act”.
5. Bidding is restricted to Filipino citizens/sole proprietorships, partnerships, or organizations with at least sixty percent (60%) interest or outstanding capital stock belonging to citizens of the Philippines, and to citizens or organizations of a country the laws or regulations of which grant similar rights or privileges to Filipino citizens, pursuant to RA 5183 and subject to Commonwealth Act 138.
6. Interested bidders may obtain further information from Queenie Miralles, BAC Secretariat, MIRDC and inspect the Bidding Documents at the address given below during office hours, from 9:00 A.M. to 4:00 P.M.
7. A complete set of Bidding Documents may be purchased by interested Bidders from the MIRDC BAC Secretariat, Ground Flr., Laboratories Bldg., upon payment of a nonrefundable fee for the Bidding Documents in the amount of Nineteen Thousand Pesos (Php 19,000.00).
It may also be downloaded free of charge from the website of the Philippine Government Electronic Procurement System (PhilGEPS) and the website of the Procuring Entity, provided that Bidders shall pay the nonrefundable fee for the Bidding Documents not later than the submission of their bids.
8. The MIRDC-BAC will hold Pre-Bid Conference on February 12, 2013 at 1:00 P.M. at the MIRDC Conference Room, 2nd Floor, MIRDC Laboratories Building, MIRDC Compound, Gen. Santos Ave., Bicutan, Taguig City which shall be limited only to all interested parties who have purchased the Bidding Documents.
9. Bids must be delivered not later than February 26, 2013, 9:00 A.M. at MIRDC Conference Room, 2nd Floor, MIRDC Laboratories Building, MIRDC Compound, Gen. Santos Ave., Bicutan, Taguig City. All bids must be accompanied by a bid security in any of the acceptable forms in the amount described in ITB Clause 18. Section 27.2 of the IRR of RA 9184.
10. The Bidders shall submit three (3) copies of their duly accomplished eligibility requirements and Technical and Financial Proposal in two (2) separate sealed envelopes.
11. The participating bidders/contractors should have completed a similar project of at least 50% of the ABC, and have the key personnel and equipment, (listed in the eligibility forms) available for the prosecution of the contract. The BAC will use non- discretionary pass and fail criteria in the eligibility Check/Screening as well as the examination of the bids. The BAC will conduct post qualification of the lowest calculated bid.
12. The METALS INDUSTRY RESEARCH AND DEVELOPMENT CENTER (MIRDC) reserves the right to accept or reject any bid, to annul the bidding process, and to reject all bids at any time prior to contract award, without thereby incurring any liability to the affected bidder or bidders.
13. N.B. Procurement of Two (2) CNC Lathe was previously published on January 26, 2013 at the Philippine Star Newspaper. This is a republication, reflecting the additional one (1) unit of CNC Lathe and one (1) unit Vertical Machining Center, and the corresponding change in the ABC under the same project.
ATTY. TRIXIE HAZEL C. VELUZ
MIRDC Gen. Santos Ave., Bicutan, Tagig City
Tel. No.: (02) 837-0431 to 38 loc 442 and 444
Fax No. (02) 837-0430